The Foundational Level:
Specialized workshops that provide:
- Understanding and developing basic skills to introduce philosophical thinking as an inquiry facilitator.
- A verified certificate of attendance from Baseera institute for educational and pedagogical consultancy in addition to international accreditation from DIALOGUEWORKS.
- After completing 6 in-field sessions: you receive a verified practitioner certificate from Baseera institute for educational and pedagogical consultancy in addition to international accreditation from DIALOGUEWORKS.
- The option to attend P4C workshop in Baseera’s office (Dependent on vacancy and after organising with Baseera’s management)
- Free consultation from the Baseera team for a whole year upon completion of the foundation course (During office hours)
- The option to conduct the 6 in-field sessions in Baseera’s office, after completing the foundation course
- The program is designed for anyone interested in developing the skill of P4C.
- It is also directed at all those who work in schools or universities
- School leaders
- Advisors in the education system to develop classroom skills
- The concept of community of inquiry.
- Philosophical questions.
- The four types of thinking that supports the curriculum of P4C.
- Reasoning, Abstract thinking and higher thinking skills.
- Reinforcing local cultural values
- The 10 steps to facilitate a P4C workshop.
- Resource Bank
- Learn the Introduction to the theoretical and practical content of P4C and community of enquiry.
- Practical application of the four types of thinking that supports the curriculum of P4C (Caring, Collaborative, Creative and Critical Thinking)
- Differentiate between types of questions and practice extracting the philosphical question
- Localizing the program to culture and environment
- Practical application of the Socratic circle
- Explore and learn sources and references on P4C program
Program is presented by:
- Has a verified Certificate in training as a facilitator for P4C in the third level (the advanced theory to teach philosophical thinking for children) from SAPERE.
- Accredited as a philosophy teacher from The Philosophy Foundation.
- Accredited as a trainer to teach the foundation level of P4C from DIALOGUEWORKS
- The trainee must complete six initial philosophical sessions after attending the training program to be able to attend the second level in P4C. Registration link