The Foundational Level:
The program is designed for:
- Anyone interested in developing the skill of P4C
- It is also directed at all those who work in schools or universities
- School leaders
- Advisors in the education system to develop classroom skills
- Parents interested in developing dialogue skills with their children
- Directors and supervisors of education centers
- leaderships in general and higher education
- Faculty members specializing in curricula, educational administration, special education, educational psychology, counseling, educational techniques, pedagogy
- The concept of community of inquiry.
- Philosophical questions.
- The four types of thinking that supports the curriculum of P4C.
- Reasoning, Abstract thinking and higher thinking skills.
- Reinforcing local cultural values
- The 10 steps to facilitate a P4C workshop.
- Resource Bank
- Learn the Introduction to the theoretical and practical content of P4C and community of enquiry.
- Practical application of the four types of thinking that supports the curriculum of P4C (Caring, Collaborative, Creative and Critical Thinking)
- Differentiate between types of questions and practice extracting the philosphical question
- Localizing the program to culture and environment
- Practical application of the Socratic circle
- Explore and learn sources and references on P4C program
Program is presented by:
- Has a verified Certificate in training as a facilitator for P4C in the third level (the advanced theory to teach philosophical thinking for children) from SAPERE.
- Accredited as a philosophy teacher from The Philosophy Foundation.
- Accredited as a trainer to teach the foundation level of P4C from DIALOGUEWORKS
Specialized workshops that provide:
- Understanding and developing basic skills to introduce philosophical thinking as an inquiry facilitator.
- A verified certificate of attendance from Baseera institute for educational and pedagogical consultancy in addition to international accreditation from DIALOGUEWORKS.
- After completing 6 in-field sessions: you receive a verified practitioner certificate from Baseera institute for educational and pedagogical consultancy in addition to international accreditation from DIALOGUEWORKS.
- The option to attend P4C workshop in Baseera’s office (Dependent on vacancy and after organising with Baseera’s management)
- Free consultation from the Baseera team for a whole year upon completion of the foundation course (During office hours)
- 10% discount for programs present by Dalia Tonsi
The trainee must complete six initial philosophical sessions after attending the training program to be able to attend the second level in P4C. Registration link